He's Here!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

My very best friend gave birth to this beautiful baby boy last night! My Guy aaaaaaaaaalmost had birthday buddy. Quintin (who will go by Quin) was born at 1:20 am, 6 lbs 2 oz and 19" of cute. Her husband said she did great and stayed calm all the way through labor. I am beyond excited that the little peanut is finally here!


I couldn't ask for a more loyal and loving friend. She has the perfect sense of balance between hope and the real world. Diagnosed with fibromyalgia at THIRTEEN, she had to give up competitive horse riding. But, she cheerfully shifted her focus to art and design. I met her in college, we were both in the Interior Design program. We bonded over modern art, sarcasm and a love for nature. She physically aches and hurts daily, but she does little more than state simply "Well, I don't feel so hot today." And that's the end of it. You've gotta admire a woman who has to deal with the strains of a disease like that and who doesn't dwell. I am so proud of her for getting though this pregnancy. And happy I got her weekly stories of "the little alien poking around in there."

This is New Years two years ago- my Guy teases her relentlessly about the fuzzy pink bathrobe he's happily stolen for the occasion.

A big HOORAY and hug to my dear friend, new mommy extraordinaire.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...