Invitation Day!

Monday, October 17, 2011

It's fiiiiinally invitation stuffing day for the Gala. (I linked to the non-profit a little here.) We had so many errors in this poor invitation, it's not at all as we intended, but we want them outta here. But, in celebration of the day and in preparation for a 13 hour workday (I'm not even joking), I am wearing my orange for the Orange Show and jeans for 'cuz I want to. Yeah, I know I'm totally defiant- wearing jeans during the work week.


Jeans: Gap...Buttondown: J Crew Outlet...Cardigan: Banana...Shoes: Nine West Outlet...Earrings: vintage Tibetan



I am also ashamed to admit that I got "for real" dressed ONCE this entire weekend. Sunday Potluck Dinner with Composer friends. I thought I would give a little pattern mixing a shot. I also tried a cream skirt with leopard flats... I don't know if I made the right decision or not. Is this one too out there? 

 

And last but not least: my Thrifting treasures. I went out in yoga pants to go hunting for these and I'm over it. The first skirt falls just below my knees and is perfectly slim. I love the deep, subtle plaid. The next one is waaaaay awkward in length, I need to pick a few seams and hem it about 1 1/2-2" higher. It has pockets, though. The fruit skirt is so cheerful, I can wait to slim the hips and wear this next spring. The black skirt is a little long, but the shape is a slim A-line, which will be very pretty this winter with boots. Last, a ridiculous Lauren Ralph Lauren gold cable weave boatneck sweater. Because for $2, why not? I can get behind a totally weird sweater for that price. I may even end up loving it rather than just liking it. For $2, you have to give things a chance.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...