Sunday mornin' recap

Saturday, November 19, 2011

30 Days Hath NovemberDay 18: What I wore today.
This was supposed to be for Friday, but been there, done that. I rarely post weekend looks, so we'll do it today. A Saturday look:


Jeans: Gap Always Skinnies...Button down: J Crew Outlet...Sweater: J Crew... Shoes: LeSportSac via DSW



Day 19: A silly self-portrait.
Oh, I'm so sorry for this. I don't know what possessed me to pose this way the day I wore menswear for my Guy's recital






Day 20: A childhood anecdote.
All through Grade School, my mom ran a week-long summer day camp at a local MetroPark. I was a "camper" all the way through childhood and took over as a "counselor" when I got into High School. One summer toward the beginning of my time helping out, we planned a day that included lots of hiking activities around the park, including cutting through the park across the swinging bridge, which was a sturdy suspension bridge that spanned the creek about 15 feet over the water line. I'm pretty sure that the Rangers were put on high alert the week we rented out the Picnic areas, mostly because we reeeeally liked jumping around on the bridge. We would get all the kids to flex their knees downward at the same pace and one kid could jump the opposite timing and get rocketed into the air. No one ever launched higher that about 24-30 inches off the slats, but we definitely made the Rangers nervous. So, we stalked them. And went down to the bridge after we knew they'd already made their rounds down that way. We were nearly all the way through giving the kids each a turn to jump, when this totally excited little boy, probably a 4th Grader, was up. He jumped and his shoe nicked the side cable that spanned below the rail to keep people safe, and the shoe went rocketing into the creek. We spent the remainder of our "hike" fishing this dude's shoe out of the creek, which had the muddiest floodplain known to man, I'm pretty sure at a certain point we gave up trying to be careful about not getting wet and trudged in after it. That sense of joy in an unexpected adventure is why I love kids. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...