Herringbone

Thursday, December 22, 2011

I've had a reeeeeeally hard time figuring this jacket out. I love the military collar, I love that it's a herringbone with dark brown and ivory because it looks good with black and with tan. But, even though I had it altered, I feel like it's a little too loose to look good with fitted pencil bottoms and I only feel cute in it when I have layered the heck out of the outfit. Which is a shame, because I simply don't have many opportunities to wear it in a casual setting and it has really nice details and I truly love the concept of this piece. But, that's the fun of blogging, giving yourself the forced opportunity to re-try an article of clothing in a new and different way and to constructively criticize what's working and what doesn't. I think the "blah" days are better for honing in on my personal style aesthetic than days I wind up wearing something "cute."

I also love these tights- I much prefer textured tights over color (my default is black textured), but the combo in a dark, subtle maroon is smashing.

Dress: made at a Beijing tailor...Jacket: Gap...Belt: Gap...Tights: Gap...Shoes: MaxStudio via DSW




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...