Accidental Fancy Pants

Friday, February 17, 2012

I was last-minute volunteered by Boss Lady to help out with selling tickets at the door at a pre-Valentine's hoop-dee-do benefitting the Art Car Parade Monday night, which was really fun, excellent people watching, tres chic. The thing that cracks me up is that the Art Cars are definitely a funky folk art tradition and the company that hosted the event is one of the premier boutiques in town- funny dichotomy. I wasn't expecting to need to look nice-ish, so I recycled something simple, but I think I improved on the necklace stacking. The night was awesome, but I ate pita chips for dinner because I ran out of time running from work to home to change and walk a certain needy dog. Thank goodness I got a tasty piece of sushi on crispy rice and a white cranberry cosmo from the preview of Katsuya Houston out of the deal, huh? Too bad I will never eat sushi that nice ever again.

Pants: Gap Really Skinny...Tee: Gap...Blazer: Free People via Buffalo Exchange...Shoes: BCBGeneration via Ross...Necklaces: J Crew and thrifted



And for some of the local celebs/debutantes modeling in the "Love's In Fashion: Couples' Fashion Show" check this out. Let's just say my thrifted wardrobe was pretty out of place, as was my selection of pants. I should have been wearing a slinky coctail dress, for sure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...