Eating with the Fishes

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Quick note- shout out to Lisa and Maria. You creepers, you.

Sushi dinner with friends is one of our favorite things to do when we're hosting. It's special, it's fun and interactive, it's delicious and it's reeeeally not as hard as you think it would be. And guests always feel spoiled... but somehow vegetables, rice, and fish don't actually come out to be a tremendously costly grocery run if you figure you're preparing for quite a few people.

I learned how to cook for at least 6-8 people in high school (plus friends, boyfriends, extra family...) so I know my way around large-scale food prep.

And sushi at home is just as easy as a pasta dish, with a tastier (in my opinion) outcome and just a little more hassle in clean up for the gooey rice cooker. The payoff is totally worth it, though.

And I'm very sorry for the title joke, I mean terrible pun... it seemed funny to me since I was comparing an Italian-inspired meal with raw fish. *crickets*

Skirt: thrifted...Button-down: J Crew...Cardigan: Target...Belt: Target...Scarf: Target...Shoes: BCBGeneration via Ross




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...