Harumph

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pants: Zara...Blouse: via Buffalo Exchange...Shoes: J Jill via Buffalo Exchange...Bracelet: thrifted...Shades: Coach via TJ Maxx


Wow, I am in a foul mood today... Skip reading if you are in a good mood yourself and can't handle a Negative Nelly. I was told on Friday (unprompted!) by Boss Lady that I didn't need to come in Monday, that I should take the holiday day off. So, I took her at her word and had an extra glass on white wine on Sunday, ignored all of my chores and cleaning over the weekend, expecting to have Monday to play catch up. Fast Forward to Sunday at 7:50 pm- missed call from Boss Lady and a message saying she couldn't work her outdoor fans and she had people coming over on Monday, so it was a very big deal. Oh, you mean the fans that I explicitly told you on Friday afternoon how to work, you watched me set the remote down in the middle of a table and told you that you absolutely must click the button while standing underneath the center fan of three so all of them receive the radio signal so you don't booger them up? Yeah, those fans. So, upon receiving a panicked 9 am call (there went my relaxing morning...) I wound up popping by the house to fix the dang fans. And then pick up the ordered potato salad. Then pick up ketchup that was forgotten. And then move the furniture to directly under the fan. And then hold flowers while Boss Lady played florist. And then swapped out a 60" round table for the 72" because her cousin invited too many people. And then go out to pick up presecco because it was forgotten about. And then pick up the orchid arrangement because she thought their delivery service was cutting it too close. And by the time 3:00 rolled around, I was hungry, tired and crabby that I missed my day off with my husband. To make it a little worse, I just found out the other gals who work here served and cleaned until 9:30 pm. And so I'm mad I missed my day off and feel like a jerk because they had to work a 14 hour day and I'm the one complaining. I never get "party pay" though. So I left.

Gah, I need a new job. This is ridiculous.

I'll be back to a sunnier disposition tomorrow, but even today is a bust- I wore this crappy outfit because I know I'll be hauling junk and putting it away. I look stumpy and squat. No bueno.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...