You're the Best Around

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Dress: Target...Cardigan: Target...Sandals: via DSW...Belt: thrifted...Bracelet: thrifted



An Ode to Target:
Your dresses are long and pajama-like. How I love thee.

Short and sweet- that's how I roll.

Dudes- I watched Karate Kid for the first time ever and I LOVED IT. I was a little shocked by how less-than-totally-corny Mr. Miyagi was and how earnest Daniel seemed to be. The ending was too rushed and there was no real resolution, but I liked the mix of cornball 80's teen crap and and the genuine interest and connection with Mr. Miyagi. We had one girlfriend watching with us last night who couldn't stop laughing at the cheesy moments, but I feel like on the whole it really is a movie with enough heart and entertainment to hang onto a spot in a list of must-see's. I have a few quick notes about the film, though: I would gladly take any of the vintage cars off of Mr. Miyagi's hands if necessary. Nothing better than a sweet old classic car (My grandpa has a major infatuation with Studebakers... and many other vintage cars- it rubbed off). Also, if four days of hard manual labor to teach dynamic and pertinent karate skills was all it took, I would probably be a karate master several times over. I call bull pucky. One last thing, Johnny is a turd, a mean spirited jerk and I'm glad Daniel kicked him in the face at the end. I'm not a violent person, but I like a good underdog story.

That's all I have to say about that classic movie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...