Easy To Wear

Monday, July 23, 2012

Dress: Beijing seamstress...Belts: Target...Scarf: gifted from Katie...Bag: Furla, gifted from Katie...Shoes: Nine West via Buffalo Exchange...Bracelet: thrifted




Hokay, so this is how my at-home ombre turned out. Super different, huh? I'm very pleased with the results.

No, really, this is how my box-o-dye ombre turned out. I picked a permanent light warm blonde and it stripped/lifted/lightened about 5.25% of my natural medium brown. And that's it. And I'm nervous to dive in with bleach. Tips and tricks for at-home? Because I'm gonna give it a shot this week sometime.

We're still in the midst of on again/ off again rain... so it was overcast when I began these photos and got blasted in the face with sun by the end. I also really really love this dress, it was one I had made in Beijing while I was visiting my sister last year and this intersection of casual linen and a structured silhouette is just so easy to wear. And so easy to play with accessories. I've only worn it once (I think) on the blog, but it's been a goodie I grab for when we go to friends' houses for nice dinners, a concert on campus, blah blah blah. I wear the skirts I had made in China all the dang time, but it's nice to have a 1-piece easy option, too. Add some cheerful belts, a lightweight trippy-mod printed scarf, a simple gold charm on the wrist and call it done. Floral-print shoes are a bonus.

Happy Monday! I'm spacey enough to have only tales of dumb clothes rather than any good stories from the weekend. I'll do better tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...