A Regular

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Skirt: refashioned Gap dress...Tee: UO...Belts: Target...Shoes: J Jill via Buffalo Exchange...Necklace: Target...Bag: D&B via Buffalo Exchange



Double belts. It's gonna be a thing.

Can we also marvel at how very pale my legs got during my weeks-long foray into pants? Yikes. You really can't tell where the shoe stops and bright white skin starts.

I met up last night with a bunch of the newly arrived back into town music nerds to a $.95 beer at the on-campus pub, Valhalla, while my Guy studied his guys out some more. I arrived and found my buddy who has moved away since he's done with classes (down to defending his dissertation orchestra composition, lucky duck) and we grabbed seats at the bar. And then the sea of who I can only assume were MBA's came rushing in. No joke, at least 60 mid-30's dudes in trousers and a light blue button-down tucked in, one button undone and no tie. It was like a creepy clone horror movie. I never got up the guts to ask who the heck they all were and why, like sheep, they were all trying to get a cheap beer together.

I've been doing a lot of spite drinking at Valhalla- first the Thursday of Orientation Week, my Guy and I took the dog and sat outside to be out and having a tasty beer in plain sight while the tiny freshman scurried back and forth on their O-Week scavenger hunt at 9:00 pm. And yesterday, I sloooowly sipped my beer at a prime spot at the bar while the herd of uniforms waited over 20 minutes to get a beer from the solo bartender. I'm a regular and I win, so my refill came before the line died down.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...