How to Burn a DVD: a Non-Tutorial

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Skirt: Target...Tank: Banana Republic, thrifted...Belt: thrifted...Shoes: Naturalizer...Bag: D&B via Buffalo Exchange...Shades: Coach via TJ Maxx...Necklace: Banana Republic







THREE patterns?! I'm crayzay.

So, my guy got home at a reasonable-ish hour last night (10:00 is reasonable, right?) and was in a foul mood, but he knew watching some classic How I Met Your Mother episodes, drinking a beer and eating a handful of potato chips would do his soul some good. I started to pull out Season One and found discs from Season Two haphazardly shoved in between the cases. He is notoriously awful at putting DVD's away, but this seemed like overkill- three discs from the wrong season shoved in there? Ridiculous. So I called him out on it, as sweetly as I could.

His reply? "No, we had to put those in there- remember, that was the season I made all flamey."

Oh, yeah.

Two years ago, we had one of those cute Ikea multi-tealight holders in front of the TV during wintertime, filled with cinnamon-y candles. We made sushi one evening and our family tradition is to watch HIMYM while eating it, so he tossed a disc in the DVD player, tossed the case onto the top of the media console, bustled back into the dining room to keep cutting and working. Yeah, you probably know the rest of the story... All of a sudden, the fire alarm went off, I ran into the living room to see a flaming dvd case oozing molten plastic all over the console, so I picked up a corner, flung it across the room, hollering for a towel to beat the flames out since I had on no shoes. Crisis averted, but I am now scarred on the top of my right big toe due to a pretty mean molten plastic drip burn.

And that is the story of how I got (yet another) major and exciting scar and how we lost the Season Two case. The funniest part is that my best friend tells me all the time that "He's so smart, but he would totally burn himself on the stove. It's a very specific smart." I don't agree totally- he makes a rockstar stir fry and toasts things with zero incident all the time, but this one really didn't help his case.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...