Flight

Friday, November 30, 2012

Pants: Gap Modern Boot...Tee: GapBody...Jacket: Armani Exchange via Buffalo Exchange...Belt: Target...Shoes: Cole Haan via DSW...Scarf: mysterious textile from Thailand...Bag: Naturalizer



Well, my husband is officially MIA for a few days. I was up at 3:00 to take him to the airport, which was definitely overkill- he was the first person at the gate by a long shot. But, he's safely en route and geared up for a big adventure.

And I'm buckling down for a few days filled with cleaning, running the heater full blast, obsessively checking email for an update from him, and copious critter snuggling. Because that's what you do when you're alone, right?

Sending my Guy off and away got me thinking about plane rides. What are your air travel traditions? Favorite music? Best sleeping method? I really only have one "must do" for plane travel. I listen to Steve Reich's Music for 18 Musicians. If you aren't at all familiar with Steve Reich but like 20th Century Modern Music even a little bit, you'll love this. Hop onto Spotify, look this piece up and passively listen to it in the background all the way through. It's weirdly serene and light for how driving and repetitive the score is. And it's long. Perfect for a low volume airplane nap score. Also excellent for the post-road-dinner evening driving shift during a road trip.

Seriously, go look it up. You'll thank me later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...