Slammed

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pants: Gap Really Skinny...Blouse: Target...Cardigan: Target...Shoes: via Buffalo Exchange...Earrings: Target



Well, our first gala meeting went well. It's a fun, upbeat group of women on the Host Committee and I'm looking forward to getting to know each of them better!

It's a packed week- my Monday and Tuesday were slammed after Thanksgiving break getting ready to present our preliminary information for the Gala (I went home at 9 on Monday, yuck!). We have a buddy who is finishing up his masters' degree and is back in town to finish his dissertation and get a recording of his big orchestral work (and we get to host him this week). And my Guy is headed out of town to interview on site for the positon he had the video interview for during that hellish week in October. You remember, that week just prior to his comprehensive exams, the dog barfed his guts out, I started transitioning into my new position... I can't tell you all any more, but send out some good vibes and a prayer for him. Getting a job (especially in music academia) right out of the program is really tough, but I'm hoping that out of the 7 total applications he sent out this season, something will bubble up to the surface.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy our friend's company (and his darling wife gets into town tomorrow evening!) and do a little linkin' up: Pleated Poppy's What I Wore Wednesday and Rolled Up Pretty's Whatever Wherever Wednesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...