Playing Catch-Up

Monday, June 10, 2013

Hits and misses from the last little while:


Bri Marie of Work Clothes, I Suppose was in town briefly for a work trip. You'd better believe I snatched her up and took her to a favorite local place for cocktail. And it was awesome. Beyond words kind of awesome. She's every bit as sweet and charming in person as she seems on the blog. 


Our friend Erika left town. I sobbed like a weenie. 


MY BROTHER GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL. Which officially makes me an old fart. He's going to have so many awesome adventures at college next year and I can't wait to hear about all of them.


Which also meant that I spent over two days with my whole family. (Well, not Rob, but we did add on my sissy's fiance) Thems girls know how to make dipping sauces. 

I gorged myself on all the grilled meats. Ho.ly.Cow.


We recreated a childhood photo of the four of us kids on the front stoop with our childhood babysitter. She was an arm-flapping madwoman getting hands at just the right angle and arms overlapping just so. We laughed our butts off. 

I got back into town for a nice 4 day workweek.

Surprise! We turned it into Dog Week at work.


It shortened to a 3 day workweek because I spent Thursday barfy and achy. Note to self: no more crappy Chinese food. I think it was the culprit. It was the absolute pits- stuck at home, tired beyond words, wanting to do something helpful for the move, but all I could muster was telling Rob a few prices for things that went into our yard sale. I slept most of the day away and hurt the whole time doing it.

Woke up early (and I mean around 4-4:30ish) on Saturday to the sound of a drippy shower. Dangit. Couldn't turn it off and went back to bed annoyed. A little later, I heard a commotion in the tub and squawked at Miles to quit being a turd and getting into things. He licked me on my face to prove his innocence. 

As it turns out, it was a slow drip from our upstairs neighbor's faucet  that finally crumbled through our ceiling. Don't worry, our landlord got the sweet maintenance guy here to help us repair it by about 6:30. Gotta love it when management companies really do a good job for their tenants.



Neighbors hosted a yard sale and we got rid of lots of good stuff! Not the tall table and chairs or media center, but lots of good stuff. 

And a crap ton of cleaning, sorting, packing, and preparing on Sunday. 

Ohmygosh, packing, sorting, and cleaning. It's really getting tricky to be sure we've planned ahead well so we don't send something in boxes to China that we'll want for the summer. And on top of that, there's a range of summertime events from my sister's shower, rehearsal, and wedding to baseball games and bbq's to family dinners with grandparents. It's all getting wild!

I'm also getting started on thiiiis for you guys. As we get closer to the move, I'll keep writing about things we've learned along the way and tidbits we swipe from my sister since she moved back to the US from Beijing and Hong Kong. And once we're there, I'll start to fill it with tales of all the most adorable pockets of town.

How did you all spend your weekends?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...